Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Passage Narration| Rules of passage narration | Easy rules of passage narration|

                                                     Rules of Passage Narration


                   Before reading the rules of passage narration, Read Sentence Narration.

At first you have to read the whole passage carefully. Then understand who is speaker and who is listener. Also see how many sentences have told a speaker at a time.
Identify the sentence pattern.

If a person says 2 or 3 sentences at a time and they are in assertive sentence.

Said----------told/replied
Said----------- added
Said--------- further added.
If they are in interrogative sentence.
Said--------------- asked
Said-------------- again asked
Said --------------also again asked/  further asked

You have to add again in the other sentences.

***Rules
Ø  Yes      will be               replied in the affirmative.

Ø  No       will be               replied in the negative.

Passage Narration
At first the name of the person who has told yes/ no. then replied in the affirmative or replied in the negative.

Example:

Jalal said, “Yes, I have done it.”
= Jalal replied in the affirmative and said that he had done it.
Replied in the affirmative has been used instead of yes  and I have added  the next part with and.
Sir will be   respectfully/ politely.

Ø  If there is yes sir/no sir. Then do the work of sir at first.
Example:

**The student said, “Yes, sir, I will complete my lesson.”
=The student respectfully replied in the affirmative and said that he would complete his lesson.

Ø  If there is ‘Good-bye’ in the directed speech. You have to do it indirect in this way.
Subject + bade + object + good-bye.
Example:

**He said to me, “Good-bye”
=He bade me good-bye.

Ø  If there is ‘Thank you’ in the directed speech. You have to do it indirect in this way.
Example:
Subject + thanked + object.
**The stranger said, “Thank you.”
=The stranger thanked me.

Ø  If there is ‘good morning/good night/ good evening/ good afternoon etc’ in the directed speech. You have to do it indirect in this way.
Example:

Subject + wished + object + good morning/ good night/good evening/ good afternoon.
**Robiul said his friend, “Good morning.”
=Robiul wished his friend good morning.


Ø  If there is a vocative case in the direct sentence, then you have to follow the rule or structure.
Addressing as  + vocative word + speaker+ general rule.
Example:

**Shaheen  said , “Darling, please give me a glass of water.”
=Addressing as darling  Shaheen requested to give him a glass of water.

Ø  If there is ‘By Allah/ By Jove/By my life/ By my love’ etc in the direct sentence ,then you have to follow the rule or structure.

Swearing by + Allah, Jove,  my life,  my love’ + general  rule.
Example:

**Forhad said to Shiri, “By Allah, I will not forget you.”
=Swearing by Allah Forhad told Shiri that he would not forget her.

Ø  If there is tag question added in the direct speech , do it in general rule then add ‘and assumed that + tag’. Add ‘not’ if there is no. Remove not if there is.
Example:

** The teacher said to me, “You are a polite boy, aren`t you?”
=The teacher told me that I was a polite boy and assumed that I was.

Ø  If there is Wish, would, rather, it is high time in the direct speech, tense will not be changed.
Sorry        will be      expressed one`s  sorrow.

Example:

**The boy said, “Sorry, sir.”
The boy respectfully expressed his sorrow.

Ø  If there is absence of subject in the direct speech,  take the speaker as subject and the listener as object.
Example:
** “Open your book”
=The speaker told the listener to open his book.

Ø  If there is short answer of an interrogative sentence in the direct speech, write full answer in the indirect speech.
Example:

**He said to me, “What are you writing?” I said, “A letter.”
He asked me what I was writing. I replied that I was writing a letter.

Ø  If there is well/ you see in the inverted comma , you have to avoid it.
Example:

**The teacher said, “Well Rana, I shall reward you.”
=The teacher said to Rana that he would reward him.

Ø  If there is so/but in the beginning of a sentence , write that is why instead of so and expressed dissatisfaction instead of but.
Example:
**Kamal said to me, “I am  weak. So I will not go to the meeting.”
=kamal told me that he was weak that is why he would not go to the meeting.


ü  Offer your prayer daily 5 times in a day and recite the holy Quran.
ü  Visit my blog to get new post .

1 comment: